When Life Happens
Sermon Title: When Life Happens
“This is the day that the Lords has made, we will rejoice and be glad in it.”
“Christianity is a relationship with Jesus. As a result its effectiveness is not connected with my performance for Him but my surrender to Him – we all can’t perform at the same level in anything but we all can surrender at the same level!”
“The power of the resurrection isn’t confined to this day – but it was inaugurated on this day.”
The Love & Grace Measuring Sticks
- The Cross
- God’s love and grace are measured by how He sustains us in the midst of trial and hardship
2 Corinthians 4:7-12
7 But we have this treasure in jars of clay to show that this all-surpassing power is from God and not from us. 8 We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; 9 persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed. 10 We always carry around in our body the death of Jesus, so that the life of Jesus may also be revealed in our body. 11 For we who are alive are always being given over to death for Jesus’ sake, so that his life may also be revealed in our mortal body. 12 So then, death is at work in us, but life is at work in you.
- God’s love and grace are measured by how He repurposes those circumstances and uses them to shape and perfect us
- God’s love and grace are measured by how He redeems our own hardship to bring life to others.
- God’s love and grace are measured by their relational strength.
“The God of the universe is not a silent partner but an active Helper.”
God never oversells His ability.
When Life Happens Big Ideas:
- When life happens don’t be sidelined by it.
- God is not a silent partner. He throws a powerful right cross.
- God redeems the hardships we face and transforms us into a stable force (capstones).
- The victory Jesus secured on Sunday doesn’t have to be re-fought on Monday.