Strong and Courageous
Sermon Title: Strong and Courageous
Isaac Newton’s Law of Inertia:
An object at rest stays at rest and an object in motion stays in motion with the same speed and in the same direction unless acted upon by an unbalanced force.
3 Gravitational Forces:
- Comfort - I like where I am.
- Past Pain – I am afraid to move from where I am.
- Uncertainty – I don’t know the next step to move from where I am.
3 Strong & Courageous Fast Focuses:
- A renewed, stronger and more fearless relationship with God
- Identify and overcome the gravitational pulls and obstacles keeping you in place
- Pray for Gateway to overcome this year’s gravitational pulls and obstacles with the strength and courage of God
Amazing Fast 2015
- Amazing salvation stories
- Amazing spiritual influence
- Amazingly healed marriages
- Amazing church development
- Amazing ministry provision
Biblical fasting is refraining from food for a spiritual purpose.
3 Slam Dunk Fasting Outcomes:
- Fasting Increases Spiritual Capacity For More God Matthew 5:6, “Blessed are those who hunger and thirst after righteousness for they will be filled.”
- Fasting Puts God Back On Top
- Fasting Helps Me Identify God And It Grows My God Identity
12 Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already arrived at my goal, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me. 13 Brothers and sisters, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, 14 I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.”
Here is what I hear Paul saying…
- I’m not content with where I am with God (comfort won’t stop me).
- I’m pressing toward a mark (There is a God goal out there).
- I’m not going to let anything in my past drain me of my pressing forward effort(gravity and obstacles won’t deter me).
Email Prayers for Fast 2016: Charlie@gatewayfranklin.com