Fighting Back: Helmet of Salvation
- We are Strong IN Christ and IN His Mighty Power
- We can put on the Belt of Truth for strength, security and freedom. Proverbs 18:17 “In a lawsuit the first to speak seems right, until someone comes forward and cross-examines.”
- We can put on the Breast Plate of Righteousness to guard our hearts. Proverbs 4:23 “Above all else, guard your heart, for everything you do flows from it.”
- We can put on the shoes of the Gospel of Peace. John 16:33 “I have told you these things so that IN ME you may have peace, in this world you will have trouble but take heart I have overcome the world.”
- We can take up the Shield of Faith. “Faith is living like God is telling the Truth.”
- We can Pray in the Spirit on all occasions. “Prayer is the connective tissue between heaven and earth.”
“As a man thinks in his heart, so is he.”
3 Facets of the Good News
- We can’t reach or please God on our own
- God sent Jesus to die on a cross to bridge the gap between us and Him for all of eternity – salvation is a gift.
- Jesus rose from the dead so that we might live and live loved. We can live a powerful and significant life IN HIM.
Salvation definitely rescues but it also restores.
Salvation definitely redeems but it also reverses.
Salvation is something we receive and it something we walk in.
Neuroplasticity: The brain's ability to reorganize itself by forming new neural connections throughout life. Neuroplasticity allows the neurons (nerve cells) in the brain to compensate for injury and disease and to adjust their activities in response to new situations or to changes in their environment…
The following list are some of Satan’s most common attacks against the minds of Christians.
I am unworthy. I am unloved. I am failure. I am undesirable. I am unforgivable. I am unknown. I am insignificant. I am a mistake. I am a disappointment to God.
Thought: I am a failure.
Feeling: Insecurity & anger.
Action: Lashing out and withdrawal from.
…being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.
Thought: I am unloved.
Action: Withdrawal from key relationships creating isolation which feeds the loneliness.
“I have loved you with an everlasting love; I have drawn you with unfailing kindness.
2 Corinthians 12:9-11
“My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore, I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. 10 That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.
Therefore, I urge you, brothers and sisters, in view of God’s mercy, to offer your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God—this is your true and proper worship. 2 Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.
Offer Yourself To God Daily
Be Aware of Your Surroundings
Consume the Word of God.
Helmet of Salvation Process
2 Corinthians 4:3-5
3 For though we live in the world, we do not wage war as the world does. 4 The weapons we fight with are not the weapons of the world. On the contrary, they have divine power to demolish strongholds. 5 We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ.
ID the Lie
Agree with God and disagree with Satan
Walk Out the Truth