NEXT: Still Moving
Intro Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-aVMdJ3Aok
Matthew 6:33 “See first the Kingdom of God and His righteousness and all these things will be added unto you.”
- Spiritual Development because this Drives Spiritual Influence
- Connected Leadership because this Advances People
- Physical Expansion because this Propels Mission
“Fresh Starts. Great Friends. Real Purpose”.
- Understanding our identity in Christ
- Embracing our need for relationships
- Identifying what a great friendship looks like
- Growing our friendship with God
- Receiving friendship from the Body of Christ
- Becoming a great friend
- Extending great friendship
In those days when the number of disciples was increasing, the Hellenistic Jews among them complained against the Hebraic Jews because their widows were being overlooked in the daily distribution of food. 2 So the Twelve gathered all the disciples together and said, “It would not be right for us to neglect the ministry of the word of God in order to wait on tables. 3 Brothers and sisters, choose seven men from among you who are known to be full of the Spirit and wisdom. We will turn this responsibility over to them 4 and will give our attention to prayer and the ministry of the word.” 5 This proposal pleased the whole group. They chose Stephen, a man full of faith and of the Holy Spirit; also Philip, Procorus, Nicanor, Timon, Parmenas, and Nicolas from Antioch, a convert to Judaism. 6 They presented these men to the apostles, who prayed and laid their hands on them. 7 So the word of God spread. The number of disciples in Jerusalem increased rapidly, and a large number of priests became obedient to the faith.
Connected Leadership Results
- The Word of God spread.
- The number of disciples increased rapidly.
- The Word of God even penetrated the Jewish Priesthood.
John 10: 9&10 (Message)
9 I am the gate; whoever enters through me will be saved. They will come in and go out, and find pasture. 10 The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I came so they can have real and eternal life, more and better life than they ever dreamed of.
Isaiah 46:11b (NIV)
“What I have said, that I will bring about; what I have planned, that I will do.”